The year is flying along with October in the books. Many groups held their SET during the month and I hope everyone that participated learned more about emergency communications. You never can practice enough to be ready for the real need of communications when things go wrong.
With the seasons changing, don’t forget to update your go kits with the appropriate cooler weather gear. Our group here in St. Charles County held Grab & Go night at our monthly meeting last night and members brought their go kits in to demonstrate their capabilities. Many different designs and ideas were shown.
District News & Comments:
District A: Richard Fretwell, W0KRF, DEC
- Benton Co. – BC ARES Members participated in the following nets: MTN, MESN, ARES, Region A Healthcare, and various club nets. BC ARES assisted with communications during the Benton County Heritage Days, held on October 21, 2023.
- Cass Co. – WINLINK VARAFM GATEWAY EXTABLISHED WITH A 20 MILE RADIUS COVERAGE IN RAYMORE MO. FREQUENCY IS 145.050MHZ. TRAINING WITH FLDIGI 2M DIGITAL CONTINUES ON FREQUENCY 145.75MHZ. REGISTRATION FOR RED CROSS SHELTING IS CONTINUING WITH TRAINING SCHEDULED FOR DECEMBER 2ND, 2023. EQUIPMENT INVENTORY LABELS DELIVERED FOR CCMOARES CCMOARES WILL HAVE A TABLE AT THE NOVEMBER 4TH HAMFEST
- Clay/Platte Cos. – We are sad to announce the passing of Dennis Keith Carpenter, KA0SXY September 14, 2023 . Northland ARES EC for Thirty Four years 1989 – 2023 Mentor, Friend, and Leader in the Amateur Radio community. https://www.terraceparkfuneralhome.com/obituaries/dennis-carpenter. October “”MECC-SET”” operation – October 7: ARES operators across the KC Metro area joined in the annual event. NL ARES NCS, operating from the Platte County PCRC-EOC provided event details to participating stations. Voice, Digital, and WinLink traffic from Regional NCS, Field stations, and SEMA was completed as Exercise END-X was declared. John Britton KD0NBH working as Coordinator provided many interesting challenges as the exercise Injects were presented. Hot wash details were shared at the Regional AAR meeting Saturday afternoon. Our Thanks and gratitude to SET Planner- EC Clay County John Britton KD0HHN
- October 2023 “MODES” “Missouri Digital Emergency Service” MODES 3.598 MHz Thursday 10:00 am CDT. FOUR sessions QNI 68 QTC 12 53 hours. Additional testing on 7.090 MHz during Daylight hours provided communications info for future net operations for Primary/Secondary frequencies. ZOOM Meeting concurrently for Technical Discussion. NCS utilizes FSQcall triggers to expedite responses from participating stations. Additional “MODES” info at ttps://modes.groups.io/g/main/topics.
- Jackson Co. – SET participation on Oct 7 with other regional agencies. Complete objectives with little or no issues.
- Johnson Co. – New NTS training net just started on the Warrensburg repeater every Wednesday night at 7:30 PM on 146.88 neg offset 107.2 PL”
- Grundy Co. – Joint Public servive exercise with Livingston County ARES for Missouri Days in Trenton, Grundy Co.
- Livingston Co. – No meeting, Missouri Days Parade support.
The following chart is the Section events and volunteer hours reported for the month of October. 41 of 65 ARES groups reported their activities:
Have a great Thanksgiving holiday. Get those Santa equipment lists started.