Another year is just about in the books. We have had a lot of activity for the year so far. We have a number of new ECs appointed and one DEC for District D appointed. Two more are in the works now.
Several SETs were successfully conducted this fall. Lessons were learned and new people had the opportunity to learn new radio skills. The Missouri Section Skills Books is available on the website to track your radio skills. Make use of this document so you can show your severed agencies that you have the competencies to support their organization.
District News and Comments:
District A: Richard Fretwell, W0KRF, DEC
Benton Co.: –
- BC ARES Members participated in the following nets: MTN, MESN, ARES, Region A Healthcare, and various club nets. At the time of this report it is unknown how many check ins were made on the Region A Healthcare Net
Cass Co.: –
- Training on ISO100c ICS and organization planning teleconferences. Initial contacts n=made with Adair, Harrisonville, Drexel, Lyne and Garden City.
- Composed an Introductory Contact Letter for ARES to mail to emergency contacts in each city or township. Organized an ARES net for Tuesday Night, 7pm each week.
Clay/Platte Cos.: –
- NL ARES October meeting “MECC SET AAR Wrap up”. SET Planner, John Britton KD0NBH, reviewed articles for the SET. Members shared experiences from the event that was incorporated into the final document. The 2022 SET provided new ideas and redefined past operations. re: NL ARES http://www.kcnorthares.org/
- NL ARES Digital Net – Sunday 8:00 PM CST 147.330 (151.4) The weekly Digital Training has focused on the use of “”MACROS”” for net operations. Guidelines from the ORCA HF Digital training has provided a resource that has proven to be successful in Digital net operations. re: ORCA Net https://orcadigitalnet.com/
- NOVEMBER 2022 “MODES” “Missouri Digital Emergency Service”. MODES 3.598 MHz Thursday 10:00 am CST. NO OP 11/24 “”Happy Thanksgiving”” THREE sessions QNI 51 QTC 14 27 hours. ZOOM Mtg for Technical Discussion. NCS utilizes FSQcall triggers to expedite responses from participating stations. Additional “”MODES”” info at https://modes.groups.io/g/main/topics FLdigi-FSQ or FSQcall for net interaction. New members are welcome. KA0OTL Jeff, Net mgr.
Jackson Co.: –
- Cabinet reviewed SET AAR/IP and made plans to resolve issues identified.
District F: J.D. Simmons, WA0BER, DEC
- Boone and Cole counties had SET drills this month
Livingston Co.: –
- SET Planning meeting. SET to be held on December 10th.
The following are the activities and hours donated for ARES in the month of November. 40 Counties counties reported:
Have a Happy and Safe Holiday this month and hopefully Santa will have some new radio gear for all,