I am pleased to announce the appointment of John Wall, K0EAV, to the position of District Emergency Coordinator for District D. John has served a Emergency Coordiator for Greene County for xx years. Please congratulate John on his appointment.
Can you believe that the Holidays are just about on us? It seems like it just was Christmas. How time flys. Along with the holidays, winter is also approaching. The long range forcast from NWS is a warmer December and January with a colder February. The weather will be whatever it wants to be so be sure that you equipment and vehicle are winter ready to deploy if necessary.
Winter ARES meetings are a great time to discuss and update you local group’s Emergency Operation Plan (EOP). If your group doesn’t have a plan, check out the ARES-MO.org website and look at the State and District Plans already published on the website. Use these plans as guidelines to develop your own local plan and synchronize your local plan with district plan for your area.
District A: Richard Fretwell, W0KRF, DEC
- BC ARES Members participated in the following nets: MTN, MESN, ARES, Region A Healthcare, and various club nets.
MECC – NL ARES Annual SET “Simulated Emergency Test”. The Northland ARES activated EOC’s in Clay and Platte counties. Field teams deployed in each county, each with a specific scenario to accomplish. VHF systems provided the comm’s between EOC’s and field teams as well as the Regional NCS. In addition HF voice and Digital net operations were utilized to confirm area coverage. The MODES protocol handled net operations efficiently. Regional traffic included SEMA and MARS requests. To compile details of the event a “HotWash” was conducted to review the areas that will require improvement along with positive aspects of the exercise. Twenty seven ARES team members participated in the 2022 event.
- NL ARES October meeting “Damage Assessment”. Red Cross Damage Assessment Guidelines for Home Fires and Other Local Disasters
Damage Assessment is the process for determining the nature and extent of the loss, suffering, and/or harm to the community resulting from a natural, accidental, or human-caused disaster. Damage assessment provides situational awareness and critical information on: Type, scope and severity of the event. Our sincere “Thank you” to the American Red Cross DA team for an enlightening presentation.
- OCTOBER 2022 “MODES” “Missouri Digital Emergency Service”. MODES 3.985 MHz Thursday 10:00 am CST. FIVE sessions QNI 57 QTC 14 36 hours. ZOOM Mtg for Technical Discussion. NCS utilizes FSQcall triggers to expedite responses from participating stations. Additional “MODES” info at https://modes.groups.io/g/main/topics. FLdigi-FSQ or FSQcall for net interaction. New members are welcome
- Jackson County participated in the MECC SET Regional Exercise. Field EOC was established with 3 mobile remote units and a fixed liaison station at the KCMO EOC.
- Johnson County MO participated in a joint SET with Pettis county on 10-29-22
- 5 Weekly Communications Exercises; 4 New ARES personnel ; SPARKFEST ; SET October 29th.
- Had two public events this month and a Healthcare Coalition net included under Training. K0EAV
- 4th ARES MTG-9 hrs/ 9th AUXCOM TRNG-22 hrs/ 25th WX TRNG-9 hrs. 1st Joplin Hamfest security-40 hrs/ 8th Ozark Trail Bike ride-45 hrs/ 20th Third Thursday-13 hrs. Every month with 5th Monday net is simplex 146.400. W0SEJ
District F: J.D. Simmons, WA0BER, DEC
- Many hours spent in planning for the 2022 Boone-Cole SET in November.
- Missouri Days Trenton, MO emergency services auxillary communications, traffic, crowd control. KD0ZYA
The following are the events and hours served for the month of October:
Thanks for the service to ARES and Happy Thanksgiving,
Jeff Young KB3HF