July continues to be active with reports of 5 Emergency Operations and 10 SkyWarn activiations during the month. Our hours of activity continue to grow with a reported 20,000 hours so far this year donated to ARES training, events and operations. Thanks to all for the continued service.
Planning continues in the Districts affected by the Solar Eclipse in August. Support for local Emergency Management agencies is the major focus. Concerns for large amounts of people arriving in the total path area across the state will present some unusual circumstances that we normally don’t plan for. Heavy traffic can cause log jams on the roadways and cell service may be very busy with the increased number of people sharing their experience via social media. This will be avery special event and I hope everyone in the path enjoys the celestial phenomenon and be very carefull looking at the eclipse. Make sure you are using ISO 12321-2:2015 approved viewing glasses.
District A – Mike Belinger K0UAA
- Benton Co. – Members installed radios and antenna in health department office.
- Northland (Clay & Platte Co.) – Eighteen members, including 7 from one family, provided communications for safety and wellbeing for all participants, volunteers and spectators at the the Win for KC Women’s Triathlon & Duathlon.
District B – Dale Bagley K0KY
- Members searched for lost adult off meds and a flash flooding ARES activation
District G – Ron Tost K0RGT
- Wright County EMA asked our ARES group to help with communication with parking, helping workers, supplying needed item for a 4th of July celebration in Hartville, MO put on by local churches for the community.
- Assisted FEMA by showing where people was flooded by the Spring Floods. Wright Co. was last to be recognized for flooding. and help was recquested by the Wright County EMA director.
- Texas County NØTPE reports 4 nets= 59 checkins.
The following are the statistics for the month of July 2017:
|MISSOURI ARES SECTION REPORT FOR :||JUL||2017||SECTION||YEAR|
|Plus / Minus||1||0||0||0||-1||1||7||0||8||16|
|# Training Drills||33||6||16||64||10||20||42||4||1||196||1432|
|# Public Svc||1||0||3||15||0||0||2||1||0||22||156|
|# Emer Ops||0||2||0||3||0||0||0||0||0||5||139|
|# Skywarn Ops||0||0||0||4||0||0||6||0||0||10||65|
|# Total Ops||34||8||19||86||10||20||50||5||1||233||1792|
Jeff Young, KB3HF
Missouri Section EC